Salisbury to Beaudesert Passenger Rail
Council has been advocating for the earlier delivery of the Salisbury to Beaudesert Passenger Rail, which will provide a critical public transport link for Logan’s fast-growing south-western populations to employment, education and important services such as healthcare.
The next critical steps in this project need to be taken: securing the corridor and the completion of the business case.
Council understands that completion of the Cross River Rail is critical to expanding the passenger network, including Salisbury to Beaudesert. Cross River Rail is due for completion in 2024 and has been funded by the Queensland Government, however there is no set delivery timeframes for the Salisbury to Beaudesert Passenger Service.
The delivery of public transport lags behind the rate of growth and is impacting the quality of life of Logan residents. Up to 120,000 people will be living in Greater Flagstone alone in coming decades, and provision of public transport now will help set commuter patterns and make it easier for residents and businesses to plan for the future.
Find out more:
Salisbury to Beaudesert Rail Corridor Study: https://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/Projects/Name/S/Salisbury-to-Beaudesert-Rail-Corridor-Study
Cross River Rail: https://www.crossriverrail.qld.gov.au/
- Commitment to early delivery of the service
- $8.5 million to acquire and secure the corridor
- $6.5 million for the business case- this is a critical step in securing timely delivery of the service
- Early delivery of passenger rail will shape where and how people live and work, and encourage greater use of affordable and sustainable transport options, reducing the cost of living.
- Up to 120,000 people will be living in the state-developed Greater Flagstone alone, in the next 30 years and they will need access to passenger rail services, as well others in our city’s south-west.
- The Salisbury to Beaudesert passenger rail service will provide residents with a choice of how they travel to and from their home and workplace.
- Improved access to public transport in the city’s south-west
- Reduced road congestion
- Improved travel times, giving you more time to do the things you enjoy