Mt Lindesay Hwy
The Queensland election is our chance to secure funding to make the Mt Lindesay Hwy safer for everyone.
The Mt Lindesay Hwy has claimed four lives already this year. There have been too many accidents to count. Those who use this road regularly know how unsafe it can be with five different speed zones, bus stops, traffic lights and drive ways entering directly into traffic.
It's time for an end to end solution for the Mt Lindesay Hwy. It's time for Logan's fair share.
It's time to make Mt Lindesay Hwy safer. Tell your candidate today that it's time for Logan's fair share.
- $10m for a business case that will deliver a comprehensive plan for upgrades; and
- Priority funding for construction of an end-to-end solution
- There have been four fatalities on the Mt Lindesay Hwy already this year
- It has the third highest rate of fatalities and serious crashes on a highway in Queensland
- Trucks and family cars share this busy road which is a national freight route between the State developed freight terminal in Bromelton
- Five different speed zones are on the Mt Lindesay Hwy between Browns Plains and Beaudesert
- An extra 170,000 people from State developed Greater Flagstone and Yarrabilba will be using the Mt Lindesay Hwy in coming years
- The Mt Lindesay Hwy supports 40,000 vehicles daily in each direction and this is expected to increase to 63,900 by 2031 (up +64 percent)
What other major urban highway has bus stops, t-intersections and narrow road verges?
- Safer travel along the entire length of the road for everyone
- Reduced travel times for families, workers and tradespeople
- Reduced congestion in peak times
- More local jobs as the region becomes more attractive for businesses